February 7, 2015

Shoot the Moon Accomplished!


The UMTR annual Banquet is held in November every year. This is their annual meeting along with the celebration recognizing the various Trail Series achievements. This was the culmination of my season of racing and being recognized for completing all 17 trail races in the series. I went expecting to receive this award along with earning the Overall Women's for the series. This was earned as a result of running in so many races (they only count 8 races, but going to all races I often came in first as no one else in the group was running that race). I am definitely a back of the pack runner and in a large field of competitors will often come in almost last place.What I did not expect was to receive the Trail Runner of the Year award. This I do not feel I deserved any more than many of the other members.

Being presented the "Shoot the Moon" plaque made by Julio

Really Cool plaque including all the races I ran in order to earn it.

This award came with a check by a very generous sponsor, Bill Pomeranke Realty

Being presented with the Trail Runner of the Year Cowbell

Awesome Cowbell award

Plaques were made by Larry

Was actually feeling rather embarrassed at this point. Guess I don't deal with attention so well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna turns 36! Fun Triathlon

Saturday, July 28, 2018 Perch Lake Hudson, WI My First (sort of) Triathlon So I thought I needed to try something different today...