April 16, 2014

2014 Running Goals



Sometime after the first of the year a friend posted the question of whether or not her goal of “Shooting the Moon” (running all the Upper Midwest Trail Runner Associations Trail Series) sounded like a doable goal for her this year.  Of course everyone encouraged her to go for it. 

This got me to thinking. Would this be something I could do? The biggest barrier in this challenge would be to convince my husband it was a good idea. About 5 of the 17 races are distance races, meaning 3-5 hours away.  

It took some creative thinking to figure out how to approach the subject with my husband but after a few "discussions" we worked it out.  I, of course, first had to run all the numbers, check all the race dates and places and figure out the financial aspect of the commitment. I also had to figure out if I could still fit a 50k race or two in the mix. Once I found out that I could bump up distances for a few races while still qualifying to “Shoot the Moon” and remain happily married in the process my decision was made.  With all that worked out I made the decision to go for it. Turns out making the decision is the easy part.

Now comes the hard part; the training, racing and of course recovery process!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna turns 36! Fun Triathlon

Saturday, July 28, 2018 Perch Lake Hudson, WI My First (sort of) Triathlon So I thought I needed to try something different today...